Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cloaks, part one

As many who know me well will attest, I am an avid wearer and creator of cloaks.  I sewed my first cloak in junior high school as part of the Make it with Wool 4-H program, using a twill suiting which had been donated to the program and Simplicity Pattern #5794. Commissions followed, and I have sewn three custom cloaks since, all variations on the first pattern.

This is my first cloak: full length, fully lined, and hooded.  I adjusted the pattern to fit with the help of my sister and the project teacher, and also added a pocket in the lining.

Wearing the hood.

My second cloak, commissioned by a friend. The cloak is full length and fully lined, but not hooded.

The neckline was altered, adding a pleat so as to add width to the shoulders. This alteration was a collaboration with the customer.
The cloak in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment